- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course is concerned with the topics of energy, foundations of Renewable Energy Systems (RES), different types of RES, their systems design and applications for buildings as well as stand-alone systems. The concept of net-zero building and options will be discussed. Introduction to design methods and cost analysis, Payback time will be discussed for solar thermal, PV, geothermal and small wind power systems. This course may be eligible for students to receive funding through the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant at www.bcit.ca/financial-aid/strongerbc-future-skills-grant. Students register themselves into the course, then apply for the StrongerBC Future Skills Grant to cover payment, if eligible.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the reasons for the need to change to renewable energy systems.
- Identify renewable energy systems and their specifications and types.
- Analyze performance and efficiency of renewable energy systems.
- Overall renewable energy systems design for given loads.
- Perform cost analysis and simple pay-back time calculations for renewables.
- Identify and suggest suitable renewable systems for buildings.
- Compare renewable energy systems with the conventional ones.
- Describe the net-zero building system and identify the components.
Effective as of Winter 2012
Renewable Energy Systems 1 (MSYS 3060) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Mechanical Systems
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Renewable Energy Systems 1 (MSYS 3060)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.