The ability to communicate efficiently is a critical skill for today’s projects. Success in motivating teams, delegating, organizing, problem solving, selling ideas, obtaining/providing information, reporting on performance, managing organizational transition, and implementing actions depends heavily on your ability to communicate and influence. In addition, the seminar focuses on managing project stakeholders as project decisions impact their expectations and satisfaction. This course provides comprehensive skills development training in communications for all skill levels. Students are provided with practical communications strategies, tools, best practices along with plenty of real life examples of their application all an interactive format to enhance learning. 15 PDU credits from PMI are earned. www.bcit.ca/files/business/pdf/opmt0213.pdf
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Create a project organization.
- Resource, manage and motivate a project team.
- Manage team conflicts.
- Negotiate personnel terms and conditions.
- Manage project communications.
- Manage stakeholders.
Effective as of Fall 2005
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Project Communications and Stakeholder Management (OPMT 0213)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.