- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course focuses on content management system design and development. Students will develop either a Drupal or WordPress site that meets specific business requirements. Requirements of this project include site navigation (which must be well defined and usable), site theme (must be associated with the business needs), vertical or horizontal sidebars, and implementation of CSS style sheets. The project will focus largely on design and functionality. Students must incorporate all of their development skills to successfully complete this project.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Apply the principles of design within a CMS platform.
- Create a website using a CMS platform.
- Develop a fully functional website with either WordPress or Drupal.
- Assess website messaging so that it meets client's needs.
- Design and implement a practical and fully functional interface design.
- Capture and optimize all assets and contents.
- Develop a strong written message with enticing story content through the designed CMS website.
- Identify the responsibilities of a project manager.
- Prepare a budget and estimated timeline for the completion of the project.
- Prepare a written contract for the project.
Effective as of Winter 2015
Project 1 (MDIA 2003) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Project 1 (MDIA 2003)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.