- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This is a refresher course in power systems engineering. It consists of tutorials and examinations to prepare candidates for the National Examination 16-Elec-B7 Power Systems Engineering. The coverage includes power system representation and analysis, power transmission lines, transformers, synchronous machines, power flow, operations and control, fault analysis and power system protection, and system stability.
- 50% in ELEX 7240
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Derive single phase and three phase power systems equivalent circuits and calculate voltage, current, and power in an electric circuit.
- Develop transformers equivalent circuit and analyze the operation of transformers under different working condition
- Estimate transmission lines parameters, derive equivalent circuit models, and study line operation
- Analyze synchronous machines behavior under steady and transient operating condition and study its operation under different working conditions
- Derive power flow formulation, analyze and calculate power flow through a power system
- Perform fault analysis is power system and calculate short circuit current
- Analyze power systems stability in normal and in fault conditions
- Gain proficiency in solving the National Examinations 16-Elec-B7 Power Systems Engineering Questions
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2021
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Power Systems Engineering Tutorial (ELEX 0376)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.