This is a refresher course in Power Systems and Machines, consisting of tutorials and examinations to prepare candidates for the Engineering National Examinations 16-Elec-A6 Power Systems and Machines. The course covers magnetic circuits and transformers, wye and delta connected three-phase systems, generation, transmission, and distribution of electric power, three-phase transformers, and AC and DC machines. Three-phase synchronous machines and three phase induction motors are also covered.
- 50% in ELEX 7240
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Interpret the Basic Laws of Electromagnetism
- Analyze magnetic circuits and magnetic materials
- Discuss basic principles of electromechanical energy conversion
- Analyze the principle of operation of ideal transformer
- Design and analysis of single phase and 3-phase transformers
- Analyze the operation of DC motor and generator
- Analyze the operation of synchronous motor and generator
- Describe excitation systems for synchronous machines, including brushless excitation
- Analyze the operation of poly-phase induction machines in motoring, generating mode
- Analysis the principle of operation of Single-Phase Motors
- Prepare him/herself for professional engineering exam EGBC EXAM 16-Elec-A6
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2020
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Power Systems and Machines Tutorial (ELEX 0375)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.