Prepares trades persons for the Plumbing Certificate of Qualification with Red Seal Endorsement (IP) examination. An online review is provided in national plumbing code, math, science, pumps, heating, safety, rigging, drafting, plumbing material, rural sewage and other examined subject areas. This course is designed for plumbing apprentices whom have written and failed the Plumbing IP examination. These students will have full access to the plumbing interprovincial training course for a 10 week period. Students must have an active apprenticeship ID number and a trades worker identification number (TWID).
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of the course, the students will be able to:
- Be better prepared to write the Plumbing C of Q with Red Seal Endorsement examination and increase their opportunity of a successful result.
- Define Plumbing occupational skills.
- Apply piping preparation and assembly skills.
- Design and size drainage, waste, vents and private sewage disposal systems.
- Design and size water service and distribution.
- Define and describe fixtures, appliances and water treatment systems.
- Design and size hydronic heating and cooling systems.
- Define and describe specialized piping systems.
- Maintain and repair piping systems and components.
Effective as of Fall 2011
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Plumbing Apprenticeship I.P. Refresher (PPGS 0225)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.