Introduces basics of fuel gas welding. Includes safety, shop practice, procedures and operation of related equipment. CSA approved steel-toed work boots and 100 per cent cotton coveralls are required.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Describe the oxy/fuel gas cutting process.
- Describe the oxy/fuel gas fusion welding process.
- Identify the main components of an oxy/fuel station.
- Assemble, ignite, shut down and maintain oxy/fuel gas cutting and welding equipment.
- Identify techniques for difficult-to-cut ferrous alloys.
- Identify ferrous and non-ferrous alloys that cannot be cut with oxy/fuel gas.
- Identify the thermal effects of distortion and surface hardening.
- Identify safety precautions for oxy/fuel cutting and fusion welding.
- Perform oxy-fuel cutting, welding and brazing exercises on mild steel sheet and plate.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Oxyacetylene/Braze/Welding/Out (WELD 0103)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.