Presents the study of factors that either influence or are influenced by people at work. The course will focus on macro factors such as organizational structure, technology and environment; group factors such as group dynamics, leadership, conflict, change and decision making; and micro or individual factors such as personality, attitudes, perception and motivation.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Apply group behaviour concepts to achieve team outcomes.
- Illustrate the roles of perception, personality, emotions, attitudes and values.
- Compare and contrast motivation theories.
- Differentiate leadership styles and theories.
- Explain the impact of power and politics in the workplace.
- Demonstrate negotiation styles and conflict management techniques.
- Use decision making and problem solving models.
- Analyze various communication techniques and tools.
- Integrate appropriate organizational concepts to facilitate organizational change.
- Apply open systems and contingency theories to understand and determine effective behaviour in a variety of organizational situations.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Organizational Behaviour (ORGB 1100) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Business Information Technology Management (Artificial Intelligence Management Option)
- Business Information Technology Management (Enterprise Systems Management Option)
- Business Management
- Business Operations Management
- Financial Planning
- Global Trade and Transportation Management
- Human Resource Management
School of Computing and Academic Studies
- Computer Information Technology
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Organizational Behaviour (ORGB 1100)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.