- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. The exact cost will be displayed prior to confirming registration.
This course introduces students to new technologies (e.g., Augmentative Reality, Artificial Reality, Live Streaming, 3D Printing and Image Capturing to name a few) that will change depending on new media trends and industry adoption. For this version of the course students will learn about aerial and aquatic filming and photography. This course will help first-time storytellers to explore new tools, devices and technologies to capture video, audio and still images to enhance their storytelling capabilities. Students will safely learn to fly and capture images from the air and underwater. This course will be delivered by certified BCIT instructors in compliance with City traffic by-laws and Transport Canada’s current regulations. Students will be assessed by a combination of quizzes, group and individual projects.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Operate and calibrate drone and underwater camera
- Design a story, develop a flight plan and compositional subjects
- Review and apply customizations for aerial/aquatic equipment and peripherals.
- Recognize and follow safety regulations and regional laws regarding aerial content capture.
- Plan for light variations in underwater photography and fixes in post-production.
- Maintain and take care of equipment
- Use software tools and apps to store, manipulate and create new content.
Effective as of Winter 2020
New Technologies (MDIA 3140) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- New Media Design and Web Development
Interested in being notified about future offerings of New Technologies (MDIA 3140)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.