This course introduces the student to interpretation of engineering drawings used in public works construction, including the correlation between construction layout, specifications and standard drawings.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of PUBW 1141 for the Winter 2023 term.
Tue Jan 10 - Tue Mar 14 (10 weeks)
- 10 weeks
- CRN 89571
Class meeting times
|Jan 10 - Mar 14||Tue||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby SW03 Rm. 3675|
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Instructional sessions are delivered by industry subject matter expert instructors. For more information, please visit our commons webpage: commons.bcit.ca/civiltech/
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Utilize engineering scale rules to determine distances on plans and drawings.
- Identify the basic components of a set of engineering drawings.
- Identify and utilize various plans and drawings common to municipal operations.
- Explain and use terminology related to roadworks, sewerage, drainage, and water distribution.
- Interpret plan and profile information, grades and slopes as shown on engineering drawings.
- Interpret construction information such as roadway alignments and geometrics, utility features, etc., as found on engineering drawings.
Effective as of Fall 2010
Municipal Plan Reading (PUBW 1141) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Municipal Plan Reading (PUBW 1141)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.