This course is intended to familiarize students with medical terminology and equip them to be proficient in interpreting and effectively using that terminology. Topics covered include an overview of medical terms specific to Medical Imaging, as well as the root words, prefixes, suffixes and acronyms for many other common medical terms.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize the different parts of a medical term by demonstrating correct usage of all the components (root words, prefixes, suffixes, acronyms).
- Identify and decipher medical abbreviations.
- Define medical terms specific to Medical Imaging.
- Analyze unfamiliar terms using the knowledge of word roots, suffixes and prefixes gained in the course.
- Utilize comprehension and listening skills to demonstrate correct interpretation of medical terminology.
- Correctly spell and pronounce medical terminology.
Effective as of Winter 2013
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Medical Terminology for Imaging (MRAD 0150)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.