This non-credit mathematics workshop is designed to help students meet the challenges of the math courses in the BCIT program they have been accepted into. The focus will be on bringing those rusty math skills to the forefront to better prepare students for their program. This workshop is recommended for any students who have been accepted into any BCIT Engineering Technology or Health Science programs. Topics include algebra, functions, graphs, equations, word problems, geometry, trigonometry, logarithms and exponents. Students planning to pursue programs within the School of Business should contact the School of Business for the appropriate course.
- Math 12 Pre-Calculus or equivalent.
Below is one offering of MATH 0040 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Mon Aug 21 - Fri Sep 01 (2 weeks)
- 2 weeks
- CRN 65347
Class meeting times
|Aug 21 - Sep 01||Mon - Fri||13:00 - 16:00||Burnaby SW01 Rm. 2020|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
NOTE: This course will be delivered in-person.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply arithmetic to complex problems such as percent, unit conversions.
- Use basic algebraic operations.
- Solve equations, including logarithmic and exponential equations.
- Work with formulas and inequalities.
- Solve word problems.
- Plot, use and understand graphs.
- Work with geometrical problems.
- Use trigonometry for the solutions of a variety of problems.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2018
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Mathematics Workshop (MATH 0040)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.