- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course is designed for those dealing with insurance and claims matters across the shipping industry. It aims to give an understanding of the legal and practical aspects of marine insurance and claims management. Students will be informed of the latest developments concerning marine insurance and handling of marine claims.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MRBU 0125 for the Fall 2023 term.
Sat Dec 09 - Sat Dec 16 (1 week)
- 1 week
- CRN 50674
- Domestic fees $653.30International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Dec 09 - Dec 16||Sat||09:00 - 11:30||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand claim handling and practical aspects of the marine insurance market.
- Respond effectively in emergency cases, and prevent or mitigate claims through risk analysis and claims management.
- Understand legal and practical aspects of the marine insurance covers, including Hull and Machinery, P&I, and overview of the owners' and charterers' liabilities.
- Have an understanding of the latest developments and best practices across the Marine Insurance sector for the prevention and mitigation of insurance-related threats and cargo claims.
Effective as of Fall 2023
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Marine Insurance & Marine Claims (MRBU 0125)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.