- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Asbestos was widely used in a variety of construction materials throughout Canada until the 1980s. Due to its widespread use and hazardous properties, owners and operators of buildings have an obligation to determine if their building contains asbestos and if so, to implement systems to ensure that those living and/or working within the building are educated on the hazards and that controls are put in place to prevent exposures. 'Managing Asbestos in Your Buildings' is a practical course designed to educate building owners and operators on the hazards of asbestos, the historic use of asbestos, and the legislative responsibilities of both building owners and the individuals who manage activities within buildings that contain asbestos. Students will be provided with templates and tools to enable them to implement an effective Asbestos Management Program to meet these requirements and demonstrate due diligence.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the physical and chemical properties of asbestos minerals.
- Discribe the historic uses of Asbestos in Canada and internationally.
- Describe the health effects associated with exposure to asbestos.
- Identify and demonstrate an understanding of applicable federal, provincial and local asbestos related legislative requirements.
- Describe the process and procedures for asbestos surveys/inspections.
- Describe appropriate asbestos contractor abatement/containment practices.
- Prepare, implement and maintain a comprehensive Asbestos Management Program.
Effective as of Winter 2015
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Managing Asbestos in Your Buildings (BLDG 1100)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.