Provides students with a background for practical management skills and an understanding of organizational and fundraising budgets. The focus is on developing leadership, board and staff roles in finance and management, ethics, strategic and operational planning, budget development, how to manage data and information, organizational structure, human resources and accountability.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the characteristics, qualities & culture of a mission-based organization and leadership
- Describe the relationship between strategic, operational and workplans, and implementation techniques
- Develop a strategic business plan and budget
- Appreciate Board and staff intra-relationships, accountabilities and requirements
- Read financial statements, understand budgets, organizational fiduciary responsibilities and requirements
- Consider their career path in terms of social entrepreneurism, workforce realities, today’s marketplace
Effective as of Fall 2016
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Management and Finance for Fundraising (FUND 3216)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.