This course is equivalent to PEMAC Maintenance Management Professional Certification Program Module 7: Maintenance Information Management. This module will demonstrate why collecting and managing maintenance information is important for realizing value from assets and aligning maintenance management with the organization's overall objectives. Participants will learn when and where maintenance information is critical within the asset's lifecycle, and particularly within the maintenance management functions. This module will discuss the processes and tools that create, collect, and manage maintenance information, and how to manage data efficiently and effectively. Upon completion of this module participants will recognize maintenance management processes and information systems that define, collect and, transform data and information to underpin decision-making foundations.
- 60% in PEMA 1000
Below is one offering of PEMA 3020 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Wed Apr 26 - Wed Jun 28 (10 weeks)
- 10 weeks
- CRN 61107
Class meeting times
|Apr 26 - Jun 28||Wed||18:45 - 21:45||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
Please note: The delivery format for this course changed from in-person/in-class to ONLINE DELIVERY for the Spring/Summer term. This is an instructor-led online course. Upon registration, please visit the Learning Hub (learn.bcit.ca) for further information regarding course material(s). Please purchase any required course material such as textbooks prior to the first class - www.bcit.ca/bookstore/ BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a part-time studies course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Recognize why collecting and managing maintenance information and data is important for realizing value from assets.
- Recognize where and when maintenance information and data is critical.
- Recognize the difference between information and data, and how to manage data efficiently and effectively.
- Recognize the maintenance management systems that use data in order to be able to set, collect and use the data to make informed decisions.
- Recognize the tools that create, collect and manage maintenance information in support of asset maintenance.
Effective as of Winter 2023
Maintenance Information Management (PEMA 3020) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Maintenance Management Professional
Statement of Completion Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Maintenance Information Management (PEMA 3020)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.