This course provides students with an understanding of the importance of loss prevention as a tool to improve risk selection and loss experience. The course is designed to provide participants with knowledge of how to identify the factors that create losses, and use the information to establish a program to mitigate the frequency and severity of losses. The role of loss prevention and risk management in the corporate strategy is discussed.
- 60% in FSCT 8450
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon completion of the course the student will be able to:
- Understand the key role that risk management & loss prevention can play in an organization.
- Formulate a loss prevention plan by analyzing loss history.
- Effectively use problem-solving skills in the corporate environment.
- Design a performance measurement process for internal and external supply chain members.
- Use statistical management to assist in achieving corporate goals.
Effective as of Fall 2003
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Loss Prevention and Risk Management (FSCT 8401)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.