This course presents a general introduction to the design of reinforced concrete structures. Topics include the design and detailing of reinforced concrete beams, one-way slabs, columns, and footings in accordance with the current Canadian concrete design standard. The course is delivered through lectures and problem-solving sessions.
- This course isn't currently offered through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Design and analyze reinforced concrete beams in terms of their flexural and shear capacity.
- Design reinforced concrete continuous beams and one-way slabs.
- Design short reinforced concrete columns subjected to axial load and bending.
- Design simple reinforced concrete footings.
Effective as of Fall 2011
Introduction to Reinforced Concrete Design (CIVL 3173) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Civil Technology
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Introduction to Reinforced Concrete Design (CIVL 3173)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.