As a post-secondary student, you can expect to write a lot. With time, practice, and an understanding of good writing techniques, not only will you write more clearly, but you will also write more quickly. Improving your writing skills can be hard work, but it is work that pays off in the end. The goal of this course is to help you prepare to use your writing skills to succeed in your studies.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MOOC 0151 for the Winter 2023 term.
Start any time
- 52 weeks
- CRN 90909
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 52 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of common post-secondary writing assignments
- Interpret instructions to understand assignment requirements and grading criteria
- Follow a writing process
- Use strategies to cope with writing anxiety and writer's block
- Recognize and correct common grammatical errors
- Employ strategies to review and improve your writing
- Understand the difference between plagiarism and copyright infringement
- Follow a system such as APA style to cite and reference sources
Effective as of Fall 2022
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Introduction to Post-secondary Writing (MOOC 0151)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.