Emphasizing a general understanding of the process and reports associated with Financial Statements and Financial Analysis, this course will focus on how to use accounting reports to make business decisions. This course does not assume any prior knowledge of these areas. The course will present the essentials of basic finance and prepare students to apply this knowledge to sample financial statements.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- Analyze the application of generally accepted accounting principles and determine how they influence financial reporting
- Assess revenue and expenses to determine the form of profit reported
- Interpret the estimates and assumptions used to measure items on the Balance Sheet
- Compare and contrast profit versus cash and outline why they are both necessary
- Develop working capital management strategies for cash conversion
- Evaluate financial statements by computing financial ratios and using various analysis methods
Effective as of Fall 2017
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Introduction to Financial Analysis (FMGT 0100)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.