The course provides students with the introductory knowledge of standard shop practices, workplace safety, and the fundamental concepts of aircraft design and construction. Students will learn precision drilling and material preparation. Riveting techniques and riveting standards will be a foundation and also include the installation of industry typical fasteners. Aviation Materials and construction standards will cover along with drawing interpretation, to provide the student the skills to enter the aircraft structures fabrication industry with confidence.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify sheet metal tools and measuring tools.
- Identify and explain drilling, drills, riveting and rivets.
- Explain basic aircraft structures.
- Explain metals and forces.
- Explain standard Drawing Practices.
- Explain corrosion control and protection.
- Fabricate basic aluminum components.
Effective as of Winter 2020
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Intro to Aircraft Sheet Metal (AVST 1110)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.