Discover how searches, sources, statistics, and interview subjects can be a treasure trove of valuable material. During his 35-year career, TV & Radio journalist and BCIT graduate, Mike Killeen interviewed hundreds of people. Join him to learn strategies for interviewing that apply to a broad range of areas. Whether it's in-person, by email, on the phone or with a microphone or camera, students will learn how to get the most from interview subjects, guests and experts and apply that to their field of interest. Guest speakers include Canada's top interviewers.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply essential interviewing techniques
- Demonstrative effective interviewing techniques
- Interview with greater understanding and confidence
- Describe what to avoid in interview situations
Effective as of Winter 2022
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Interview Techniques (XBST 1001)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.