This course will prepare professionals in understanding core functions and concepts of the history and development of modern international education. Policies and trends in the internationalization of higher education in recent decades will be reviewed and critiques of the field will be explored. This course will provide foundational knowledge for those interested in employment in the field and a pre-requisite for recent practitioners pursuing professional development. An emphasis will be placed on the Canadian context.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of XIEP 4000 for the Winter 2023 term.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Summarize foundational concepts of international education.
- Summarize core professional functions of the current practice of international education.
- Explain the influence of historical contexts and key frameworks of international education.
- Apply methods to critically examine the field of international education.
- Identify and describe the effect of current and emerging trends in the field on the work of international education practitioners.
Effective as of Winter 2023
International Education Trends Past and Present (XIEP 4000) is offered as a part of the following programs:
- International Education Practitioner - Foundation
Interested in being notified about future offerings of International Education Trends Past and Present (XIEP 4000)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.