Helps candidates prepare for the certification examination of the ASQ. This course is intended for people who have previous knowledge of statistics. Topics will include the use of distributions and tests of QC applications. The development of control charts and calculations for basic models.
Below is one offering of OPMT 2242 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Sat Apr 08 - Sat Jun 24 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 59666
Class meeting times
|Apr 08 - Jun 24||Sat||09:00 - 12:00||Burnaby SE06 Rm. 108|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- apply the concepts of control charts and acceptance sampling in industrial situations
- choose the correct control charts for processes
- perform all necessary calculations for standard charts
- calculate capabilities for processes
- apply standard acceptance sampling plans
- perform basic reliability calculations
- apply probability distributions
Effective as of Winter 2018
Intermediate Quality Control Methods (OPMT 2242) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Operations Management (Industrial Engineering Option)
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Intermediate Quality Control Methods (OPMT 2242)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.