Students are required to submit their research project as partial fulfillment of the Master of Engineering degree program requirements. Their research projects must demonstrate application of existing knowledge to solve new industry problems or advancement of knowledge in the chosen topic, as well as familiarity with methods of research and relevant literature in the chosen building science topic.
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion, the students will be able to:
- Apply analytical, numerical and/or experimental methods to evaluate building materials, systems, and whole buildings performances.
- Identify research problems through analysis of industry practices and literatures.
- Develop suitable research methods.
- Implement research methods, perform analyses and synthesize findings.
- Independently draw conclusions.
- Produce research reports and scientific papers.
- Communicate research project findings at a graduate seminar level.
Effective as of Fall 2011
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Industry/Research Project (BSCI 9750)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.