- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The goal of this course is to provide an overview of the expanse of the type of construction projects, construction manager roles, typical methodologies, and the direction, and types of new technologies in the industry. Through a collective approach instructors, industry representatives, and students, will be encouraged to share ideas on key and current construction management topics. The topics will be chosen from the programs courses, and are intended to expand on these learnings. We will be looking at industry norms, new technologies and future directions on a variety of construction related topics. Subject matter experts and construction professionals will present on behalf of their organizations, instructors will assist with the development of class exercises and group discussions.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the variety of construction manager roles in the industry, including titles, reporting structures, responsibilities and the affect of different contracts on these relationships.
- Reflect and communicate on the community and culture on project sites and within the construction industry in Canada.
- Comprehend the diversity of construction projects through assessments of the project contract, the nature of the work, the client relationship, schedule and cost factors.
- Evaluate current and new construction methodologies and associated impacts and resolutions.
Effective as of Fall 2022
Industry Collaborations (CMGT 8211) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Management
Bachelor of Technology Full-time/Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Industry Collaborations (CMGT 8211)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.