- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The Overview of Industrial Control Systems badge will present the basic architecture of Industrial Control Systems (ICS). Students will become familiar with the components of an ICS and the Purdue reference model for Industrial Systems.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe Industrial Control Systems and the Purdue Model
- Identify controllers, devices, and sensors
- Describe the need for a Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Differentiate between Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems and Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Describe a Safety Instrumented System (SIS)
- Identify IT & ICS Differences
- Describe ICS Life Cycle Challenges
- Differentiate between Physical and Cyber Security
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2022
Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Design (XINC 3110) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Industrial Networking for Cybersecurity Professionals
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) Design (XINC 3110)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.