- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Data is the raw material of information. This course will review how data is managed and turned into information and knowledge by looking at the different technologies available. Management of data as a resource and data ownership will be discussed. The concepts of systems design will be addressed by covering logical design processes, architectures, data modeling and physical design processes and database design.
- 50% in TMGT 7123
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the database technologies in meeting the need to collect, manage and disseminate the information used by organizations.
- Describe the data lifecycle.
- Define data modeling and data resource management techniques.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of database technologies.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of enterprise network technologies and datacenter technologies.
- Describe various technologies used in the management of data.
- Differentiate relative vulnerabilities, risk assessments and risk management requirements associated with implementation of database management technologies, and be able to initiate specific risk assessments.
- Explain concepts and applications of data warehousing and data mining, including application of intelligent agents.
- Describe Distributed Database Management Systems, issues and resolution of issues related to distributed data.
- Analyze corporate requirements for database solutions, classify alternatives, and propose recommended solutions.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Implementation Issues in Data Management (TMGT 7152) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Implementation Issues in Data Management (TMGT 7152)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.