Recognizing trends in voice and data integration in wireless and wireline applications, this course will focus on analysis, planning, procuring, and implementing of networks. It will also emphasize major network options, evaluate their effectiveness, and identify implementation strategies. The course will discuss the issues from an internal organizational perspective and an external one. The course will also provide a discussion of management issues with respect to the networking options.
- 50% in TMGT 7123
Below is one offering of TMGT 7151 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Thu Apr 06 - Thu Jun 29 (13 weeks)
- 13 weeks
- CRN 28071
Class meeting times
|Apr 06 - Jun 29||Thu||18:30 - 22:15||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This course has mandatory virtual sessions on Thursdays, 1830-2215 (PST). This course forms part of the Bachelor of Technology in TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT degree program. Instructions for required course readings (including purchasing instructions if applicable) will be released at the discretion of your instructor on The Learning Hub. Be sure to log in to The Learning Hub in advance of your first session so you know how to attend. You may proceed to register for this course online, or by contacting Student Information and Enrollment Services (SIES) at 604-434-1610 or 1-866-434-1610 Toll-Free (Canada and US only).
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the candidate will be able to:
- evaluate and present the results of an assigned case study that addresses telecommunication networking, networking options and network integration issues.
- define the terminology, capabilities and components of data communications systems.
- identify the hardware and software needed for voice/data communcations applications.
- demonstrate the importance of seamless connectivity both within and outside the organization.
- apply communications technologies in improving their organizations' effectiveness.
- identify and analyze rapid changes in telecommunications technologies and predict their implications for the evolution of business networks.
- explain and plan for the impact of next-generation internet capablilities on global networking.
- extrapolate evolving communication network architectures in order to design and develop appropriate corporate-centric network resources.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2004
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Implement Issues in Telecom (TMGT 7151)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.