Recognizing trends in voice and data integration in wireless and wireline applications, this course will focus on analysis, planning, procuring, and implementing of networks. It will also emphasize major network options, evaluate their effectiveness, and identify implementation strategies. The course will discuss the issues from an internal organizational perspective and an external one. The course will also provide a discussion of management issues with respect to the networking options.
- 50% in TMGT 7123
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion, the candidate will be able to:
- evaluate and present the results of an assigned case study that addresses telecommunication networking, networking options and network integration issues.
- define the terminology, capabilities and components of data communications systems.
- identify the hardware and software needed for voice/data communcations applications.
- demonstrate the importance of seamless connectivity both within and outside the organization.
- apply communications technologies in improving their organizations' effectiveness.
- identify and analyze rapid changes in telecommunications technologies and predict their implications for the evolution of business networks.
- explain and plan for the impact of next-generation internet capablilities on global networking.
- extrapolate evolving communication network architectures in order to design and develop appropriate corporate-centric network resources.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2004
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Implement Issues in Telecom (TMGT 7151)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.