The course will introduce learners to the fundamentals of growing an existing business in Canada. Topics will include strategic options for growth, estimating revenue and costs associated with growth, special considerations involved in growing a family business and environmental factors influencing growth capabilities and avenues for expanding Canadian companies.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare a plan for growth of a business
- Analyse and describe resource requirements for a growing business
- Analyse and describe environmental factors influencing company growth capabilities
- Assess the pros and cons of various strategic options for growth of an expanding business
- Assess pre-growth considerations such as the amount of financing required and the stage of development of the business seeking to expand
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2016
Growing A Business (VENT 1821) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Coast Capital Savings Entrepreneurial Program
Statement of Completion Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Growing A Business (VENT 1821)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.