- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The Graduate Seminar series is intended to expose students to current development and issues related to their fields of specialization. The seminar format will include invited experts from within and outside BCIT, and visits to construction sites and building materials manufacturing plants. The topics covered in this course are expected to widen students' professional outlooks and increase their efficiency in carrying out tasks. Possible topic areas include: construction processes, construction management including setting up contract agreements, quality assurance, regulatory affairs (including national and international standards), intellectual property, market assessment, risk assessment, professional skills (for example, teamwork, and conflict resolution), prototyping, product evaluation and testing, technology transfer, project management and time management. Students are also expected to communicate their research/project findings to their peers through oral presentations.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Assess issues that are related to their professional activities.
- Categorize various stages of product development.
- Develop time and project management skills.
- Communicate effectively, concisely and correctly in written, spoken and visual forms to a variety of audiences using a wide range of media.
Effective as of Fall 2011
Graduate Seminar Series (BSCI 9055) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Graduate Seminar Series (BSCI 9055)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.