- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Industrial and home hobby powersources will be used in this course. Set-up of equipment and correct selection of shielding gases included. CSA approved leather steel toed boots and 100% cotton coveralls required.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of WELD 0106 for the Winter 2024 term.
Sat Feb 24 - Sat Mar 23 (5 weeks)
- 5 weeks
- CRN 10218
- Domestic fees $659.31International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Feb 24 - Mar 23||Sat||08:30 - 15:00||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
CSA-approved steel-toed safety boots are required for this course. Coveralls that are 100% cotton, fire retardant or recommended for welding are also required.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Describe the principles of operation of the GMAW and FCAW processes
- Identify the components of a basic GMAW or FCAW set-up.
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of the GMAW and FCAW processes.
- Identify power sources for GMAW and FCAW.
- Identify GMAW and FCAW wire feed systems.
- Describe the modes of metal transfer.
- Identify the shielding gases used in GMAW and FCAW and describe shielding gas equipment and set-up.
- Describe welding gun assemblies for GMAW and FCAW.
- Identify electrode wires for GMAW and FCAW.
- Describe the functions of pre-selected adjustable variables in GMAW and FCAW.
- Identify weld defects in GMAW and FCAW.
- Describe joint preparation for GMAW and FCAW
- Describe corrective action and trouble-shooting procedures for GMAW and FCAW.
- Weld stringer beads and fillet welds in various positions as determined by Instructor.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Gas Metal Arc Basic (MIG) (WELD 0106)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.