The Gas Appliance C of Q Preparation course is designed to prepare people in the Appliance Service Technician trade for writing the British Columbia Safety Authority Gas Appliance Service Certificate of Qualification Examination (Formerly the Class “C” C of Q). This course will prepare students to service residential and light commercial gas appliances up to an input of 82kW, while employed by a licensed gas contractor or under an appropriate permit. It does not prepare students to do work not covered under the Gas Appliance C of Q such as installation of new or replacement appliances, the replacement of heat exchangers, the installation of gas piping or the repair or installation of venting.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Describe gas properties and combustion.
- Describe gas pipe sizing requirements.
- Describe combustion air and vent sizing.
- Perform meter clocking and orifice sizing.
- Describe the operation of gas pressure regulators.
- Describe atmospheric burner operation.
- Define the function of the Gas Safety Branch.
- Describe Gas Code/Regulations pertaining to permits, license and inspections.
- Describe safety practices for natural and propane gases.
- Apply regulations and safety practices.
- Describe the operation of electrical components on gas appliances.
- Describe the operation of gas controls.
- Describe the operation of gas appliances.
- Perform gas appliance service and repairs.
Effective as of Fall 2016
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Gas Appliance Certificate of Qualification Program (PPGS 0120)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.