This course is designed for students with no prior knowledge of French. Students will develop the four basic language skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing), gain knowledge of the French culture, and learn how culture impacts business practices. Through interactive classroom activities and utilizing French first-language multi-media materials, students will learn business terminology and the professional communication skills needed to handle business situations. Students will demonstrate their understanding of the French business environment through a range of individual and group activities, assignments and examinations.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply appropriate phonetic rules and patterns to correctly pronounce French words and sentences.
- Construct and comprehend simple sentences, using basic business vocabulary.
- Read and write basic business correspondence in French.
- Analyze the French culture and the aspects that characterize the business environment.
- Compare the similarities and differences between the French culture and their own.
- Interact effectively in real-life business scenarios in a culturally appropriate manner with native speakers.
- Develop strategies to enhance life-long learning of other languages and cultures by reflecting on the learning process through a learning portfolio.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2021
French Business Language and Culture (GLBL 5030) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of French Business Language and Culture (GLBL 5030)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.