- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course supplements a person's practical qualifying experience by providing further training in 1st Class power engineering subject matter. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will have sufficient knowledge to challenge the 1st Class, Part A, Paper 4 certificate examinations administered under the provincial regulation authority (as described in the BC Power Engineers, Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Refrigeration Safety Regulation www.bclaws.gov.bc.ca/civix/document/id/complete/statreg/17_104_2004 ).Topics include: Power Plant Operations. Graduates of BCIT's Second Class Certificate: this course, along with POWR 1225, POWR 1226, POWR 1227, POWR 1229, POWR 1230, POWR 1231 and POWR 1232, plus the requisite qualifying experience, should be able to apply the knowledge learned in this study program in improving their abilities to operate, maintain and/or manage various industrial facilities, plant processes and associated equipment within the scope of a 1st Class Power Engineer's Certificate.
- 2nd Class certificate OR Departmental Approval
Below is one offering of POWR 1228 for the Fall 2023 term.
Start any time
- 52 weeks
- CRN 31613
- Domestic fees $277.30International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 52 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
No online or phone registration allowed on this section. These are specialized courses which require application approval from the Power Engineering Program Assistant via EMAIL ONLY. To receive more detailed information and application instructions, send an email requesting information for this course to: BCIT_Assistant_PowerEngineering@bcit.ca Must provide proof of 2nd Class government certification. Course material is purchased separately and can be ordered through the BCIT Bookstore: www.bcitbookstore.ca/distance Generate book list to view/order the required material.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Fulfill the Interprovincial examination requirements within the scope of 1ST Class, Part A, Paper 4 in the subject of:
- Power Plant Operations
- Note: A copy of the reference Syllabus for First Class Power Engineer's Examinations can be sourced from SOPEEC (https://www.sopeec.org/syllabus/first-class/)
Effective as of Fall 2023
Interested in being notified about future offerings of First Class Part a Paper 4 (POWR 1228)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.