- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. The exact cost will be displayed prior to confirming registration.
Applications of fire alarm systems, operation, testing and inspection requirements outlined by the various Codes and Standards are covered at a more detailed level. Principles and technology of fire detection devices, signal appliances, control equipment and ancillary devices controlled by the system. Learn traditional field wiring circuits, the connection of field devices, the basics of microprocessor based systems using addressable devices and remote annunciation. Smoke control and elevator recall will also be discussed.
- TELC 1143 recommended.
Below is one offering of TELC 1144 for the Fall 2023 term.
Sat Nov 18 - Sat Dec 16 (5 weeks)
- 5 weeks
- CRN 45949
Class meeting times
|Nov 18 - Dec 16||Sat||08:00 - 15:30||Burnaby SE01 Rm. 221|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
Textbook required – CFAA 5 - Fire Alarm Systems - available at the BCIT bookstore. Registration is processed on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED basis. In the event of cancellation, students will be notified. Ensure your contact information (e.g. personal email address) is current. Please sent your inquiries to BCIT_Electrical@bcit.ca
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Be familiar with the testing, inspection and verification of fire alarm systems at the end of this theory-based, five course program that the CFAA created.
- Increase his or her level of competence within the fire alarm industry with the combination of these theory-based courses and workplace experience together.
- Describe technology of fire detection devices, signal appliances, control equipment and ancillary devices controlled by the system.
- Connect traditional field wiring circuits.
- Learn traditional field wiring circuits, the connection of field devices, the basics of microprocessor based systems using addressable devices and remote annunciation.
- Learn other safety support systems such as smoke control and elevator recall.
Effective as of Fall 2019
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Fire Alarm Systems - Testing and Inspection (TELC 1144)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.