- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The Field Bus Networks badge will provide a student with an overview of the different types of networks used for distributed control. An overview of the different fieldbus network topologies and technologies will be provided. The focus of the Field Bus Network badge is on the network connections and communication protocols used for field bus networks.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify Fieldbus network topologie
- Describe the RS232 and RS485 communication standards
- Connect serial communication devices
- Describe serial communication framing
- Identify and describe critical Fieldbus protocols
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2022
Fieldbus Networks (XINC 3120) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Industrial Networking for Cybersecurity Professionals
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Fieldbus Networks (XINC 3120)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.