This course is designed to provide participants with information regarding legislated responsibilities and requirements and the various fall protection systems available in industry. An effective Fall Protection Plan will assist in creating a safe work environment for workers who perform their daily job-related activities at heights or depths.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- This course isn't currently offered through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe legislative requirements for fall protection.
- Explain the hierarchy of fall protection.
- Assess and control fall hazards.
- Describe generic fall protection systems.
- List the basic requirements of an effective site specific fall protection plan.
- Integrate a fall protection plan into an existing health and safety management system.
- Explain active versus passive fall protection systems.
- Describe fall arrest and travel restraint systems.
- Explain clearance calculations.
- Inspect safety harnesses and lanyards.
- Describe ladder safety requirements.
- Wear a harness.
- Describe rescue procedures.
Effective as of Winter 2017
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Fall Protection for Sfty Offcr (CNST 0155)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.