This course will provide participants with knowledge to manage construction-related environmental aspects with due regard to pollution prevention and long term environmental protection. Topics will include legislation, sensitive areas (watercourses), construction and demolition waste, green buildings, LEED, building materials, noise and dust management, and fuel handling.
- 50% in CMGT 7640
- This course isn't currently offered through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Describe environmental legislation applicable to a project.
- Apply 3Rs principles to construction waste handling.
- Identify hazardous materials in construction and demolition.
- Apply LEED criteria to a project.
- Describe sediment aquatic impacts and control measures.
- Apply environmental best management practices for watercourses.
- Describe noise and dust generation and control measures.
- Select environmentally protective designs for above and underground fuel facilities.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2005
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Environmental Issues in Construction 2 (CMGT 7650)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.