- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Prepares students to write the examination to qualify for the Gas Fitter "B" Certificate of Qualification and is a requirement of the BC Safety Authority. To become eligible to write the exam, approval from the BC Safety Authority is required and recommended before enrolling. A Provincial Class B Examination fee is additional. Passing grade is 70%.
- Student must be the holder of an industry training credential (TQ, IP) in plumbing, steam fitting, refrigeration or sprinkler fitting.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Solve trades-related math problems
- Solve trades-related science problems
- Describe types of common fuel gases
- Size gas piping systems
- Determine inputs to burners
- Explain the requirements of combustion
- Explain gas burners
- Explain air requirements for gas appliances
- Explain venting systems
- Explain gas valve trains
- Explain gas regulators
- Explain basic electricity
- Explain control systems
- Explain appliance application, installation and light-up procedure
- Troubleshoot electrical circuits with meters and test lights
Effective as of Fall 2003
Domestic / Commercial Gas Fitter "B" Certificate of Qualification (PPGS 1150) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Hydronic Technician
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Domestic / Commercial Gas Fitter "B" Certificate of Qualification (PPGS 1150)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.