A training program designed to familiarize students with the CSA or BCWWA Cross Connection Control manual and develop mastery in both practical testing and troubleshooting of backflow assemblies. Students will work with the BCIT Cross Connection CD-Rom interactive simulator based on the University of Southern California (USC) test procedures using 3-value and 5-valve differential pressure gauges.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- This course has been retired and is no longer offered. Find other Flexible Learning courses that may interest you.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to choose the appropriate backflow prevention assembly and test and troubleshoot backflow prevention assemblies using the following criteria:
- Causes of backflow
- Recommended backflow prevention procedures
- Application of backflow prevention procedures
- Types of backflow preventers
- Recommended installation practices
- Recommended testing procedures
- Definitions and abbreviations
- Backflow prevention assembly performance standards
Effective as of Fall 2003
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Cross Connection Tester Program (PPGS 0305)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.