Designed to assist those responsible for implementing and operating cross connection control programs. Those currently certified as testers will also find this course develops needed skills in hazard identification and evaluation. CSA approved steel toed boots and harthat required.
- current certification in cross connection control. Please be advised there will be an additional fee to write the AWWA Cross Connection Control Program Manager exam. The Cross Connection Control Manual is required and available at the BCIT Bookstore.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to select the proper backflow preventer for the appropriate applications. Administer a cross connection control program using the following criteria:
- CSA Hazard evaluation
- Backflow prevention assemblies and devices
- Installation requirements
- Legal basis for program implementation
- Approval agencies
- Plan review
- Site survey
- Case histories
- Computer program software
Effective as of Fall 2003
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Cross Connection Control Program Manager/Specialist (PPGS 0106)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.