- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This is a practically-orientated, skills-intensive surveillance course is designed for those who will be conducting covert surveillance in an urban environment. The course will introduce the student to best practices when conducting covert surveillance, which includes the selection of proper equipment, an understanding of covert surveillance technologies available to the investigator, and both static and mobile surveillance techniques. Students will develop surveillance skills through classroom study and practical applications involving participation in a team environment. Students will utilize foot and vehicle surveillance at a variety of sites, integrating specialized equipment and surveillance techniques to surreptitiously follow a known target.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Properly compose a photograph or video so that the subject matter is appropriately placed.
- Take photographs or video suitable for entry in court which will assist in an investigation such as vehicle license plates, personal identification, tire tracks, foot prints, and other useful investigative aids.
- Take covert photographs of subjects using a telephoto lens.
- Effectively carry out foot and vehicle surveillance, alone and as a member of a team, in various locations such as shopping malls, stores, and other public locations.
- Demonstrate proper note taking when conducting a surveillance-based investigation.
- Discuss and understand ways of ensuring that your testimony concerning observations made during surveillance assignments is effective and acceptable in court.
- Describe the type of equipment required to conduct a covert surveillance operation.
Effective as of Winter 2024
Covert Surveillance Techniques (FSCT 8200) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Computing and Academic Studies
- Forensic Investigation (Forensic Science Option)
Bachelor of Technology Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Covert Surveillance Techniques (FSCT 8200)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.