Cooperative Education (Co-op) involves enhancing the educational experience by integrating traditional academic studies with relevant work experience. The student is employed for the duration of the Co-op Work Term placement period. The Co-op Work Term is a paid position where the student completes productive tasks that relate directly to the core competencies of the Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Science Program. The Co-op position is approved by the Co-op Coordinator. Students in the program attend mandatory pre-employment workshops to enhance their employability prior to their Co-op placement and compete for job postings during the second academic term. During the work term, students are monitored by the Co-op Coordinator.
- Successful application and admission to the Co-op Program, 75% GPA in term 5 with no failures or withdrawals and no pending grade appeals.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Integrate the skills and knowledge gained from term one in a workplace environment.
- Apply computing skills acquired in the Co-op position.
- Work productively as a member of a team.
- Write a Co-op Work Term Report.
- Acquire a better understanding of the career options in their field of study.
- Evaluate personal interests and career goals.
Effective as of Fall 2023
Cooperative Education Workterm 1 (COMP 7990) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Computing and Academic Studies
- Applied Computer Science (Games Development Option)
Bachelor of Science Full-time
- Applied Computer Science (Network Security Applications Development Option)
Bachelor of Science Full-time/Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Cooperative Education Workterm 1 (COMP 7990)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.