A practical introduction to the installation of controls involved with hydronic systems including control strategies, installation procedures and techniques, safe work practices, and commissioning. This course includes instruction on how to install and commission a functioning hydronic control system. Passing grade is 70%.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Compare several control strategies.
- Install and commission a functioning hydronic control system including Snow and Ice Melt Systems (SIM).
- Install rough and finished wiring to meet electrical code standards.
- Design a control system (ladder diagram) based on a specific application.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Controls for Hydronic Technicians (PPGS 1144) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Hydronic Technician
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Controls for Hydronic Technicians (PPGS 1144)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.