This course builds upon concepts presented in the microcredential, Introductory Studies in Mass Timber Construction. Construction planning guides the scheduling and coordination of logistics associated with the execution of mass timber projects. They will summarize the roles and activities of construction installers in the delivery, handling and installation of mass timber products in coordination with other stakeholders. They will review basic principles of rigging, crane and equipment use, and applicable regulations for overhead hoisting of mass timber products. Students will summarize guidelines and best practices for construction site safety, fall protection, and aerial equipment for installing mass timber structures.
- Successful completion of Introductory Studies in Mass Timber Construction Microcredential program.
Below is one offering of TMBR 1021 for the Winter 2023 term.
Mon Jan 09 - Sat Feb 18 (6 weeks)
- 6 weeks
- CRN 90786
Class meeting times
|Jan 09 - Feb 18||N/A||N/A||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
This is an Industry Services delivery. All applications must be approved by Ann Martineau, Industry Services Assistant: email@example.com .
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Summarize construction planning for delivery and installation of mass timber projects.
- Summarize roles and activities of construction installers and other stakeholders in mass timber projects.
- Describe risk management and quality control for mass timber construction.
- Describe the use of construction management schedules by installers.
- Identify logistical considerations for scheduling and coordinating the delivery and installation of mass timber projects.
- Summarize the basic principles of rigging and summarize the forces involved throughout the various systems and iterations of rigging.
- Summarize guidelines and best practices for construction site safety, crane and equipment use, and Occupational Health and Safety regulations for overhead hoisting of mass timber products.
Effective as of Fall 2022
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Construction Planning and Rigging for Mass Timber Structures (MC) (TMBR 1021)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.