- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course covers the law that applies to the business of construction, and relates these concepts to the construction process by dealing with topical issues. The course teaches students about the theories of law, the Canadian legal system, business models, relationships between industry players, and how these concepts apply to the realm of the construction industry. The course further focuses on contract law, builders’ liens, insurance, bonding, and other issues of relative to the construction industry.
- 50% in CMGT 7330
Below is one offering of CMGT 7420 for the Winter 2024 term.
Thu Jan 04 - Thu Mar 21 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 45236
- Domestic fees $689.65International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 04 - Mar 21
|18:00 - 21:00
|Burnaby NE01 Rm. 401
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Textbook and CCDC 2 required. Available at BCIT bookstore www.bcit.ca/bookstore/
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Appropriately apply common legal concepts and terminology to day to day situations arising in construction contract administration.
- Choose the appropriate contracting models available for projects and know the fundamental conceptual differences among the models.
- Understand the legal obligations and liabilities for all of the various participants in the construction industry.
- Understand the legal rights and options available to parties in construction disputes.
- Confidently deal with complex commercial aspects of construction such as tendering, bonding, insurance and liens.
Effective as of Fall 2022
Construction Law (CMGT 7420) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Management
Bachelor of Technology Full-time/Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Construction Law (CMGT 7420)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.