This course is designed for workers who are required to enter and/or monitor entry into restricted/confined spaces.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- This course isn't currently offered through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain British Columbia OH&S legislated standards as they pertain to confined space entry and monitoring.
- Define and identify a confined space.
- Describe the requirements for working in or around restricted/confined space.
- Explain risk/hazard assessment and control methods for restricted/confined space.
- Explain atmospheric testing.
- Explain entry and confined space permits.
- Describe signage and tagging.
- Describe emergency procedures.
- Describe roles and responsibilities of workers, supervisors, managers and confined space monitors.
Effective as of Winter 2017
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Confined Space Entry for Safety Officers (CNST 0156)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.