- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course is based on IMO, ISPS Code, amendments to and Transport Canada's marine safety requirements and guidelines for company and port facility security officers. Emphasis is placed on awareness of terrorist threats and methods of operation as well as obtaining current intelligence and threat assessments.
- Need experience and knowledge of ship operations, port facility operations, terminal operations and occupy a managerial position which qualifies them to be designated as a Security Officer as defined by the ISPS Code. A knowledge of the content of the ISPS Code is essential.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
- Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
Conduct an initial comprehensive security survey, and advise levels of threat.
- Ensure development and maintenance of the Security Plan.
- Undertake regular security inspections and arrange for internal audits.
- Enhance security awareness and vigilance of personnel.
- Ensure adequate training has been provided to personnel.
- Ensure security equipment is properly operated, tested, and calibrated.
- Ensure company response measures meet the security level.
- Ensure that administration requirements are met for approval of assessments, plans, and amendments.
Effective as of Fall 2012
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Company and Port Facility Officer (MSEC 1050)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.