This hands-on course provides the students with a thorough understanding of the latest in CCTV technology and system design. Using the latest in digital video forensic tools, students will learn techniques on how to extract, interpret, and clarify video evidence from both digital and analog CCTV sources for investigative purposes. A thorough understanding of the many different types of CCTV technology and systems being employed in today’s security environment will be explored. Students will evaluate the capabilities and limitations of CCTV recorded information for the purpose of forensic video examination and analysis.
- Admission to a Forensic credential program or permission of the Program Coordinator.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the current concepts, practices and major issues of CCTV security technology for both analog and digital applications.
- Explain the theoretical foundations, definitions, concepts, and principles of video engineering technologies to laypersons, peers and senior colleagues.
- Apply digital CCTV security compression technology to video recording.
- Evaluate the capabilities and limitations of CCTV recording technologies for the purpose of video examination and analysis.
- Apply the advanced security features of digital recording and motion detection technology.
- Select the most appropriate technology based on the requirements of forensic video examination for investigative purposes.
Effective as of Fall 2011
CCTV and Forensic Examination (FSCT 8351) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Computing and Academic Studies
- Forensic Investigation (Forensic Science Option)
Bachelor of Technology Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of CCTV and Forensic Examination (FSCT 8351)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.